What is HttpMaster?
HttpMaster is a development and test tool to create, manage, execute, and monitor requests
to the internet resources with a number of different options. It can execute
request against various web servers and display returned response data.
How to execute ad-hoc internet requests
To execute internet requests
without creating HttpMaster project, select menu option 'Tools/Basic Request'
or press 'Ctrl+B'
. Enter all necessary data, click 'Execute
selected request tab'
button in the execution toolbar and wait until the execution is
completed. The execution results will be displayed in the panel located below
the request data. For more information about executing basic internet requests, see the corresponding topic.
How to manually create HttpMaster project to execute internet requests
Creating HttpMaster project is much more powerful and will enable you to further
customize request properties. Follow these steps to create HttpMaster project
and execute request against internet resource:
- Select menu option 'File/New Project' or press 'Ctrl+N'. The
window with project properties is opened.
- Type the name of the project in the 'Project name' field and click 'OK'
- Select menu option 'Project/New Item' or press 'Ctrl+I' to create
new request item inside the project. New request item is opened in the separate
- Type the name of the request item in the 'Request item name' field.
- Type absolute URL in the 'URL' field.
- Click corresponding action button and select option 'Execute' or press 'F5'. The
execution window will be opened where you will be able to review the execution results.
How to create HttpMaster project with the wizard
To create HttpMaster project with the wizard follow these steps:
- Select menu option 'File/Project Wizard' or press 'Ctrl+Shift+N'. The
project wizard window is opened.
- Type the name of the project in the 'Project name' field, name
of the request item in the 'Request item name' field, and
request URL in 'Request item URL' field. Click 'Next' button.
- Select action that will be executed when the project will be created.
Click 'Finish' button.