When request items are executing in the execution window, you can monitor the
status of the item that is currently executing, current number of accomplished
executions for the particular request item, current number of successful and failed executions and most recent request item error, if occurred.
Execution status for the particular item is displayed with the icon in front of
the item name. The following execution statuses are possible:
- Idle; item has not yet started executing or has been skipped.
- Executing; the item is currently executing its requests.
- Successful; item has successfully processed all its requests.
- Failed; at least one of the requests for the item failed.
- Cancelled; the execution of the item has been cancelled by the user.
View execution data
After the execution of the particular item has been
completed, you can view its execution data by clicking the button 'Open and view execution details'
execution toolbar, double-clicking the item, or by pressing 'Enter'
key. You can also select multiple already executed items and open their execution view simultaneously.
You can also decide to view only successful or failed executions. The execution data is displayed in the separate tab that
contains two parts:
- The upper part contains a list with every request that has been executed for
the item; the status (Successful/Failed) and the URL string are displayed for
each request. This list can display up to 1.000 requests; if the item has
generated more than 1.000 requests, you can page other requests with the two
paging buttons available in the execution toolbar.
- The lower part contains all request/response data for the execution selected in
the upper list. Several tabs are available that list all important
Execution data toolbar
Above the execution data you will find execution toolbar that enables you to
perform various actions on the response data:
- View response body with non-default response viewer. HttpMaster tries to automatically select the best response viewer for the response body, but you can manually choose another response viewer.
- Open selected execution in basic request window.
- Open selected execution in default web browser.
- Export response body to an external file (only available in Professional Edition).
- Create PDF report with execution data (only available in Professional Edition).
- Search for particular phrase inside execution data.
HttpMaster also features 'Response viewer' tab where it tries to display response body in a pretty form, for example,
if the response is of content type application/xml, HttpMaster will try to display pretty formatted XML in 'Response viewer'. It is also possible to set default pretty viewer in application settings; in such a case, HttpMaster will always display response data with this default pretty viewer without automatically determining the best viewer.
HttpMaster currently supports the following pretty viewers:
- Internal Browser (IE engine).
- Image (JPEG, PNG, and GIF supported).
Improve HTML rendering with 'Browser' viewer
If HTML is not rendered as expected in 'Browser' viewer, it is possible that HttpMaster is not using the latest installed Internet Explorer rendering engine. Try the following procedure to enable the latest rendering engine:
- Navigate to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Feature Control\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION.
- Add new DWORD value with the name 'HttpMaster.Windows.exe' (without quotes) and the value of 0.
- Restart HttpMaster.
In step 2, you can set the value to the number that represents specific Internet Explorer version, for example, decimal value 11001 represents IE11 Standards mode.
Line numbers, code folding, and indent guide lines
Some of the pretty viewers automatically display line numbers and indent guide lines, and also add markers for code folding. All these features can be disabled in application settings.