If you would like to run some action (executable file, batch file, etc.) before or after request item execution, you can specify this in 'Advanced'
tab of request item properties.
There are two action types available:
- Pre-execution action; this action will run before execution of request item will start.
- Post-execution action; this action will run after execution of request item will complete.
With each action the following data can be specified:
- File to execute; this data is mandatory and specifies location of the file (including its file name) that will be run. Path relative to the HttpMaster project can be specified.
- Arguments; this data is optional and specifies command line arguments passed to the file that will be run.
- Working directory; this data is optional and specifies working directory for the process that will be run. If empty, HttpMaster project directory is used. Path relative to the HttpMaster project can be specified.
- Run action; this data is mandatory and specifies the condition for the action.
Actions support the following execution conditions:
- Never (disabled); this option effectively disables the action so that it will never run. This is the same as not specifying file path for the action.
- Always; this option guarantees that action will always run no matter what is the outcome of the request item execution (success/failure).
- Only if request item succeeded; with this option action will run only if request item execution succeeded. This option is available only for post-execution action.
- Only if request item failed; with this option action will run only if request item execution failed. This option is available only for post-execution action.
Copyright © by Borvid. All rights reserved.